Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My husband and our family....

Today was busy. Michael vomited today and didn't feel well and this stopped him from seeing our sweet girl so I pumped, visited, pumped and repeated. I'm having a little trouble with production and have been stressed and don't like narcotics so the doctor prescribed zoloft.... The issue there is I can't go to a theraputic dose (50mg) without feeling like a zombie. The breastmilk crossover is a lot less with zoloft so I'm gonna try it. On a different note we are hearing all kinds of surgical dates and we might of jumped the gun by an hour or more, but Michael was going to leave to go back to work tonight and as he visited to say goodbye we got Thursday and Friday as surgical go dates so he ended up staying. I have never been so scared in my life. I literally had a breakdown on the phone because he was leaving. I know people judge me or think that I'm not nice or that I will hurt him but trust me on this: Michael and Amelya are my world. I can't be without either, ever. I will do what it takes to be the best wife and mother and I have no doubt that even after only a year that I know he is my soulmate.

Clinically:

Bili levels appear stable, we got up to 8ml an hour of food but that was a goof and now its every 3 through her nose tube. Her breathing is more labored which worries me and the tpn I've been assured is ok. Her right arm infiltrate (iv contrast in the arm/skin) is looking better. The breathing is the biggest issue right now and her whole body moves when she does it :(

She is fiesty so I'm told and that is ok, it just means she will make it and do things when it gets tough, but I also hope she has daddy's hard but soft (if that makes sense) demeanor.

I call the apartment today to see where we stand and if its gonna cost an arm and leg to move.


1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys and sweet Amelya...she is so beautiful and is strong like her parents!

    ReplyDelete